Macdonald House, Grosvenor Square, London
Macdonald House was built in about 1936 by The Grosvenor Estate as offices for the United States Government. It is an imposing building in a neo-Georgian classical style built principally of brick and stone with a mansard roof. After the Second World War the United States Government built their own Embassy building on the opposite side of the Square. The Canadian Government took over Macdonald House in 1947 with a lease of 999 years. The freeholder remains The Grosvenor Estate.
Yates Associates were invited by The High Commission to produce a further Building Condition Report, (BCR) by updating from 2001 to 2008. This work took approximately 6months to complete. It involved checking the current condition of all the architecture and MEP services, logging and binding into a manual for use by the Maintenance Engineer's department.
The High Commission has completed a full re-furbishment of their Cockspur Street building, opposite Trafalgar Square, and has recently sold Macdonald House.
Recently Yates Associates has been invited to tender for a performance maintenance contract for the Cockspur Street building.